I suppose you wish to have to grasp what to mention. According to the most recent version of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, previous to WWE’s press convention by which they made the announcement of Wrestlemania 36, the corporate passed a chain of do’s and don’ts to the mainstream media newshounds that have been overlaying the development.
It contained a suite of directions in regards to the verbiage that media shops can and can not use when writing stories about WWE. Here is the record:
1) When relating to our ability, we ask that you just confer with them as WWE Superstars each for the women and men and NOT as “professional wrestlers;”
2) As of March 2016, our feminine Superstars are NO longer known as WWE Divas, so please name them WWE Superstars;
3) Please confer with our corporate as WWE and NOT World Wrestling Entertainment;
4) Please don’t confer with our corporate as “the WWE,” however fairly “WWE.”
5) Please do NOT use the time period “professional wrestling,” as an alternative the use of WWE or Sports Entertainment to explain our emblem (E.G. “We have many WWE fans in the Tampa area” or “I’ve at all times been keen on sports activities leisure;
6) The WWE Championship or WWE Title are suitable names for the identify. It isn’t referred to as a “belt” or a “strap.”
This isn’t a championship that might be competed for within the present WWE panorama:
[This post contains video, click to play]
While some other folks would possibly scoff at this, I am getting why WWE needed to unencumber this commentary to the media. Some of the newshounds at those occasions might not be aware of the present product, and would possibly both depend on what they take into accout from their early life, or ask their colleagues what they learn about skilled wrestling.
What do you bring to mind the “faux pas” statements when relating to WWE? Leave us a remark under, or submit a touch upon our Facebook web page! Also, be certain to enroll in our e-newsletter and obtain our App out of your favourite App Store!
The submit What Are Mainstream Reporters Not Allowed To Say When Covering WWE Events? gave the impression first on WrestlingRumors.web.