WWE revealed their quarterly WWE Network subscriber count and business statistics as part of their conference call and earnings report today.
The WWE Network ended Quarter 2, 2017 (June 30, 2017) with 1.633 million subscribers. Of this number, 1.568 million of the subscribers are paid. That includes 1.158 million paying customers in the United States and 410,000 international paying customers. The company announced an average of 1.634 million paid subscribers for the quarter as a whole, which is the highest quarterly average for Network customers since the service launched.
The overall Network subscriber numbers are up from this point in 2016. As far as 2017 goes, the company averaged more paid customers during Quarter 2 of this year than they did during Quarter 1. With WrestleMania occuring during Quarter 2 of this year, that is to be expected. The closing paid subscribers number is very slightly down this quarter compared to last quarter (1.568 million versus 1.574 million). Even so, the WWE Network continues its slow but steady growth over the last couple of years. You can see the past paid subscriber counts below.
Paid WWE Network Subscriptions (U.S. and International, Combined)
- Q2, 2017: 1.568 million subscribers at close, average of 1.634 million subscribers
- Q1, 2017: 1.574 million subscribers at close, average of 1.490 million subscribers
- Q4, 2016: 1.473 million subscribers at close, average of 1.407 million subscribers
- Q3, 2016: 1.444 million subscribers at close, average of 1.458 million subscribers
- Q2, 2016: 1.511 million subscribers at close, average of 1.517 million subscribers
- Q1, 2016: 1.357 million subscribers at close, average of 1.290 million subscribers
- Q4, 2015: 1.217 million subscribers at close, average of 1.237 million subscribers
- Q3, 2015: 1.233 million subscribers at close, average of 1.173 million subscribers
- Q2, 2015: 1.156 million subscribers at close
- Q1, 2015: 1.327 million subscribers at close, average of 927,000 subscribers
- Q4, 2014: 816,000 subscribers at close
- Q3, 2014: 731,000 subscribers at close (WWE Network launched internationally during this quarter on August 12)
- Q2, 2014: 700,000 subscribers at close
You can read WWE’s full earnings report and WWE Network reporting data at this link.