On to New Orleans! We’re closing in on “Takeover: New Orleans” and that means we have a few final episodes of “NXT” to get through. That means one more taping cycle to cover and those took place tonight at Full Sail University. The final taping before the show took place tonight with several major updates being made to “Takeover: New Orleans”.
You can read this week’s results here.
NXT taped three more episodes of its show tonight with more matches taking place in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic as well as various matches being added to “Takeover: New Orleans”. These shows will air starting on March 21 and run through the April 4 show, which will be the go home show for “Takeover”. Here are the results, courtesy of Wrestlinginc.com:
March 21st Episode:
* Staff members passed out Johnny Gargano signs to the crowd before the show began. Tommaso Ciampa comes out but the heat is big and it takes him a few minutes to start speaking. Ciampa brags on how Gargano is gone and will never be coming back to NXT. Ciampa takes it all in and is loving the heat. He goes to leave but stops to tear up some of the fan signs that were handed out, causing one younger girl to cry. Gargano suddenly attacks Ciampa from the crowd for a major pop. Security gets involved and escorts Gargano out of the arena as Ciampa sits in the ring looking angry
* Roderick Strong and WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match
* NXT Women’s Champion Ember Moon defeated Aliyah in a non-title match. Shayna Baszler was on commentary. After the match, Baszler and Moon had a staredown while Baszler stood up at the announce table
* NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas attacks Raul Mendoza from behind as he is headed to the ring. Zelina Vega is with him. Almas is fired up as he cuts a promo in Spanish and English on Aleister Black
* Adam Cole defeated Kassius Ohno
March 28th Episode:
* NXT General Manager William Regal announces that the new NXT North American Title will be revealed at “Takeover: New Orleans” during WrestleMania 34 Week
* Ethan Carter III comes out for his NXT TV debut and says it’s nice of Regal to create the new North American Title to give him on his debut. Regal says everyone is glad to have EC3 in NXT but he won’t be handed anything like the rest of the NXT Superstars. Regal announces that EC3 and 5 other Superstars will compete in a Ladder Match at Takeover to determine the first-ever North American Title
* The Authors of Pain defeated The Street Profits in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match
* Roderick Strong and WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne defeated SAnitY in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match
* Lars Sullivan defeated John Silver
* Dakota Kai comes to the ring for a match but the cameras cut to NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas brawling with Aleister Black outside. They fight inside to the ring and Almas stands tall after beating down Black with a steel chair
* It’s announced that the Takeover Ladder Match to crown the first-ever NXT All American Champion are Ricochet, Ethan Carter III, The Velveteen Dream, Lars Sullivan, Adam Cole and Killian Dain
* The Velveteen Dream defeated Trent Seven
April 4th Episode:
* Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan ends with no winner as the Ladder Match participants come out for a six-man brawl
* Kairi Sane defeated Vanessa Borne
* The Authors of Pain vs. Roderick Strong and WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne is set for the finals of The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic but NXT Tag Team Champion Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole (no injured Bobby Fish) attack both teams for the no contest. General Manager William Regal comes out and announces a Triple Threat Tag Team match for “Takeover: New Orleans” with the winners becoming the new NXT Tag Team Champions and the winners of The Dusty Classic
* Ricochet defeated Chris Dijak in his debut
Opinion: Well that works. I’m not sure on having another title added but it’s a good idea to have some of these big names making their debut on the show. There are a lot of people who need to be involved and these choices get us there. If the show is as good as it sounds, everything is going to be great.
Which of these shows interest you the most? Who do you think wins the new title? Let us know in the comments below.
Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 26 wrestling books. His latest book is the History of the WWE Championship.
Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for “GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES” to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!
The post Full Results From Tonight’s “NXT” Tapings (SPOILERS) appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.