The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that current plans do not have current WWE Champion ”The Phenomenal” AJ Styles and current WWE Universal Champion ”Mr Wrestling” Kevin Owens going into WrestleMania 33 as champions.
Styles is set to defend the WWE Championship against ”The Face that Runs The Place” John Cena this Sunday in San Antonio while Owens is booked to defend against ”The Big Dog” Roman Reigns.
It was announced by SmackDown Live Commissioner Shane McMahon on WWE Smackdown Live, that the WWE Championship will be defended at February’s SD Live’s exclusive Elimination Chamber PPV, inside the Chamber while the RAW brand has the FastLane PPV in February.
The Observer adds that the WrestleMania 33 match card shapes up at this moment like:
– ”The Icon” Goldberg vs. ”The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar,
– ”The Game” Triple H vs. ”The Man” Seth Rollins,
– ”Mr Wrestling” Kevin Owens vs. ”Y2J” Chris Jericho,
– Shaquille O’Neal vs. Big Show,
– ”The Phenom” The Undertaker vs. ”The Big Dog” Roman Reigns,
– ”The Eater of Worlds” Bray Wyatt vs. ”The Apex Predator” Randy Orton and
– RAW Women’s Champion ”The Queen” Charlotte Flair vs. Nia Jax vs. ”The Fan” Bayley vs. ”The Boss” Sasha Banks.
There are rumors on Orton winning the Traditional 30-Man Royal Rumble match this Sunday and Bray winning the Chamber match, setting up their bout for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 33 in Orlando, FL. The Observer notes that if that does not happen, it’s because plans changed.
WWE NXT Superstar ”The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe is expected to be called up soon with a big push and Joe versus Cena at WrestleMania 33 has been pitched. There have also been rumors of AJ Styles facing Shane McMahon at WrestleMania 33.